Here's how to update your Prism Edge (M6a) device firmware. Please note that future firmware updates will be deployed automatically - we appreciate your patience during this early-access period.
Start by downloading the following three firmware update files to your computer. Regardless of the filename, the unit must be updated in the order the files appear below.
To update the firmware, please follow the steps below. Complete the steps for each file in the list above, from top to bottom, but if your device is already running 1.3.0-rc.1 (the first file in the list), you can skip this step.
- Log in to your Prism Edge device by navigating to http://192.168.127.1 (or http://myprism.tech) and entering your administrative password (generally the same as the Wi-Fi password).
- Navigate to "Upgrade Firmware" in the top menu, then select "Offline Upgrade", and select the update file.
- Once the update is uploaded, scroll down the page, and select the checkbox to the left of your Prism unit, then click the 'Upgrade' button (as in the following example) to apply the upgrade to the select unit:
- Wait for the unit to finish applying the update - it will take a few minutes and the unit will reboot automatically.
- Once all updates have been applied - grab yourself a Mega Pint, you're done!
Please be aware that factory resetting the unit may result in the unit defaulting to a unique, dynamically-generated Wi-Fi password. If this unique password is not printed on the base of the unit and is not known to you, then you must log in to the unit with a cabled-in device after performing a factory reset, at which time the initial setup wizard will show the device's unique default Wi-Fi password. If you choose to keep the dynamic password, you should note this down separately for your own later reference.