Skip to main content
How do I check what Ethernet speed my device has negotiated?
- Open the start menu and search for Control Panel
- Click Network and Internet
- Click Network and Sharing Center
- Click Change adapter settings
- Right-click the Ethernet interface you’d like to check and click Status
- To the right of Speed you should see the speed your Ethernet interface has negotiated
- Open the Network Utility application on your Mac, located in Applications > Utilities > Network Utility (you can also search for Network Utility in Spotlight)
- In the Info tab, under Network Interface, use the drop-down menu to select your Ethernet interface
- The Ethernet speed appears in the list of interface information, along with other information (like your IP address)
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful